Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Somebody read my blog

link
Honestly? I was going to put a YouTube of "The Magic Store" from "The Muppet Movie" here. But, this blog was one of two hits on Google when I searched for the lyrics "You've got a home at the Magic Store." Either
  1. I'm the only one who thinks of popular success in terms of that song first, or
  2. I have the lyrics wrong.
So...
Hi:

You are invited to join the new community of the high quality business
and financial bloggers from Forbes.com. Our community - the Business and
Financial Blog Network, will launch shortly.

Your blog will be promoted to our roster of blue-chip advertisers and we
will only run campaigns that are appropriate for your audience. Our
Adify advertising technology enables you to:

* Review and approve any advertisement

* Access on-demand, real-time reports on the performance of
campaigns and ad spaces for your blogs and naturally your earnings.

You will receive 40% of all net revenues collected by Forbes.com (after
agency commitments, ad serving fees and external network support)

Ad positions:

* 728x90 leaderboard

* 160x600 skyscraper

* 300x250 rectangle

Please note that we need your site to run the 728x90 leaderboard PLUS at
least one of the other two ad sizes-the 160x600 skyscraper and 300x250
rectangle.

Forbes.com will provide you with a Business and Financial Blog Network
badge to denote membership. You will also receive semiannual research
from us that sheds new light on trends and traction of the Blog Network
to help you know more about your readers and other blogs in the network.
We will host an annual conference at the Forbes Galleries for members of
our Blog Network, presenting new trends, tools and other aspects of
technology that affect the blogging community in general and our
members' specifically.

Please fax the executed network member agreement to me... or e-mail an executed copy in a PDF to me....

For more information regarding revenue share, pricing, billing and
payment, please see Section 4 of the attached ad network member
agreement.

I think your blog would be a great fit for our network, and I would love
to hear from you if you are interested in learning more about it.

Forbes.com
Flattering, but
  • I suspect that Google would prefer that if I run any ads, it would be through them -- I suspect this would violate my user agreement,
  • None of you have really asked for more ads,
  • I'm more of a disaster blogger than a financial blogger. We just incidentally happen to be in a financial disaster.
I'm not saying no? But, I probably will once I reflect on it.

No comments: