Friday, April 11, 2008

More Stuff I Don't Understand

There's no link.

I'm flying round trip. And I have to say that I don't understand online check-in. Isn't check-in the positive statement that you've arrived at the airport and are a short series of TSA-based humiliations away from being ready to board?

But, I've come to accept it. I guess now it's the weaker statement that I'm aware I should fly somewhere in the next 24 hours. And, if you don't do it, all the good available seats will be gone. OK. But, now there's this.

I can ask that I get checked in automatically 24 hours before my return flight. So, doing it online dropped the 'in' part of 'check in.' Doing it automatically drops the 'check' part. So, I'd be blank blanking.

This is too much for me! I'm checking in manually, although probably online, for my return trip. It's time to take a stand against this nonsense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Use online check in like a good American so you don't have to stand in a line. It's obvious. The fact that the link doesn't work is a minor technological glitch that needn't be described with prepositions i.e. "checked in."