Wednesday, April 23, 2008

One way a lack of self worth plays out in application development

there's no link
This is a little funny. The online support facility of some website requires that I turn off my spam filter, and if I can't, that I talk with someone who can. Now, I think two-thirds of the email I get at the address I gave them gets marked and quarantined as spam, with an amazing hit rate. I'm not going to turn that off.

But, I was tickled by the assumption that they'd probably be marked as spam. This is probably due to the support staff's loathing of the marketing staff -- they figure the latter'll get everything sent from their domain marked as spam. I'm not taking any of their steps, so we'll see how they do.


Your request has been received and will be reviewed.

Our response will be sent to the E-mail
address entered on your support request.
You can also view our responses by clicking the
"Messages" link on the right side of the screen.

Attention: To ensure that you receive important e-mails, please do one of the following:

  1. Add (I've elided the email address) to your e-mail address book, contact list or safe list.

  2. Disable your e-mail filtering "SPAM" or "Junk" software.

  3. Look in your "SPAM", "Revoked", "Junk Mail" or "Bulk Mail" folders for our e-mails.

  4. If you are not able to do one of the above items, use your Help section or contact your e-mail/internet provider's Customer Support to find out other options.

No comments: