Thursday, July 27, 2006

The winning drink was by Tad Carducci

>2.5 oz Seagram\'s Tahitian Sunset
>1 oz. white rhum agricole(La Favorite)
>1 oz. Cherry Heering liqueur
>1/2 oz. guava nectar
>1/2 fresh orange juice
>1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
>2 tsp. coconut ginger foam


I spoke with Tad before the event and he told me of his plan to add guava and lime. We were both a little concerned about the sweetness of the Tahitian Sunset, which he seems to have addressed by making it less than half the drink. I stuck to my guns and added no additional alcohol -- it maybe could have turned the tide, but I'm not in the business of making people drunk. Which I guess is my core downfall as a bartender.

So, no big Tahiti trip, and -- while I competed head to head with the City's top mixologists (Tad actually runs a 'beverage program' in New Jersey) -- I didn't win. But, there's always tomorrow.

No comments: