- Inadequate sleep -- this can apparently make you fat.
- Chemical contamination -- the environment is contaminated with endocrine-like substances.
- Heating and air-conditioning -- you don't burn off calories to stay warm, and the heat doesn't kill your appetite.
- Smoking cessation -- well, if you've quit...
- Medications -- Prozac, birth control pills and more promote weight gain.
Saturday, July 29, 2006
Slate today warns against reaching for the easy answers on causes of obesity. This piece was based on a University of Alabama at Birmingham study, so a big shout out to UAB! Contributing factors less obvious that bad food and sedentary lifestyles may include...