Monday, May 12, 2008

Misfortune's entered my life

link
I saw Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay tonight, and I have to say it has the most real and sympathetic portrayal I've seen yet of our president. I recommend it unreservedly, however I'm not a professional movie reviewer, so I'm not confident I can express why I liked it without giving too much away -- the surprises are often delights, but I think I would enjoy a second viewing, even knowing what I know now.

I also have high hopes for Oliver Stone's W, after reading the linked Entertainment Weekly article. But, I also have a sort of deep concern with Elizabeth Banks playing Laura Bush. Look at her oeuvre. I think I've wanted to have sex with every character she's played. I don't think it's a coincidence, and I don't want to want to have sex with the First Lady.

No comments: