Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I feel a little like a hobo, but I do need an iPod Nano

link
So, OK. I can give platelets every three days. I get 100 points each time. I get an additional 100 points if I give a triple platelet donation -- I imagine that I have a lot of platelets, bleeding profusely as little as I do -- and if I do it on a Sunday, I get another hundred. If I do it four times before August, I get another 750 points. June 29th and July 6th score me an additional 50 points each.

That's three hundred points for each of four Sunday triple platelet donations, and 850 bonus points, for 2050 points total. I need 2600 points for the Nano, or 550 more, which is two more Sundays. If I do it August 31st and September 7th, I get another 100 bonus points, leaving me with a reward rump of 150 points.

Of course, it's not like I don't need tableware. Or a Kassel 17-1/2" (450mm) Diameter World Globe with Built-In Bar.

The last time I gave platelets, we had to watch cable. It's tough to read with tubes sucking blood out of one arm and forcing it back in the other. But, maybe I could bring my own DVDs....

No comments: