- Create a licensing system for residential mortgage loan originators
- Establish a minimum standard requiring that borrowers have a reasonable ability to repay a loan
- Attach a limited liability to secondary market securitizers
- Expand and enhance consumer protections for “high-cost loans”
- Protect renters of foreclosed homes
- Establish an Office of Housing Counseling through the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
I do sort of wonder what it means to protect renters of foreclosed homes, but I imagine it's in line with creating a market for national housing managers working with foreclosing mortgage lenders.
I got this news, incidentally, through my Representative's (Carolyn Maloney) RSS feed. There's a fair amount of information in that thing. You can find your rep by zip-nine code, and see if you get the same service.