Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Jumping off bridges

I was doing my review of the day's comics when I came upon Keith Knight's Wednesday Salon comic, The K Chronicles, the brilliance of which I've admired previously. And he states for the record that often when he "look[s] over the edge of a really high place, [he gets] the fleeting urge to jump."

Totally.

I share this with Keith Knight. And this is one of the things that has kept me off drugs forever -- I really appreciate my superego. This is an almost impossible thing to share with someone, as if someone told me they often thought about jumping off things, I would think they were suicidal. But, the fact that it would kill you is the number 1 argument against making such a leap.

So, thanks, Keith, for making this a little more okeh to talk about. I feel like it's one of those unexplored common areas of the human condition, simply because we're afraid to own up to it.

No comments: