Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Making Lemonade

So ... way back in 2004, I was looking for a phone, but I couldn't find one that didn't have a camera in it. Well, there was one that had push-to-talk, but I wanted that even less. So, I took the camera.

It was great! I took snapshots! Things I saw got digitally recorded! I resolved that my next phone would have not only a camera, but flash and zoom!

As with all stories of loss and heartbreak, there was this girl. She liked to text me, so I got a phone with a full keyboard. No flash. No zoom. Just a regular digital snapshot device. I spent more and more time with my phone, and the girl and I, we grew apart. She was nice and all, but didn't clip to my belt.

I left it in a cab! Devastating. There was much drama. I spoke to the cabbie over the phone, I waited for him in the rain, but the phone was lost. I called Asurion to get my replacement phone -- and I have to say I disagree with Consumer Reports about the phone insurance -- and they didn't have it. 'No longer manufactured', they said. I was crestfallen. The woman tried to console me with a VX9900, which is on backorder. I've revived an old phone, so I can wait a few days.

It has flash! It has zoom! Along with the full keyboard! I can see why people lose their cell phones, now.

Does this make me a tech blogger? Can I get a free laptop?

No comments: