Saturday, May 05, 2007

10163-3663

Like Nordstrom*, I now have my own zip nine code. I know that a lot of you are looking for ways to send me physical gifts and submission packets, but I haven't really enabled that. I decided it was time for a change, and so I went up to Grand Central Station and got me a PO Box.

Now! If I had been quicker on the mark, I would have requested box 6101, and then I would have a true palindrome. But, as it is, it's a pretty neat dual quasipalindrome. 101 and 6336 together are cool enough, but it's the last 63 that really makes it art. It's as if you took the 63, and turned it over once to make a 36, and another time to get back to 63 ... three elements where the middle element is the inversion of the identical outer elements. There should probably be a name for that, but I'm sticking with quasipalindrome.

The blog address is:
Fears and Frets
PO Box 3663
Grand Central Station
Manhattan, NY 10163-3663


* -- um, maybe it was The Bon Marché. One Seattle-area department store had a billboard series in the 90s about how they now got enough mail to rate their own zip code.

No comments: