Sunday, December 31, 2006

OK, Just one more post for 2006

I'm back from vacation, and catching up on some of TPM before heading off to New Year's parties. But, I have to suggest this piece on Saddam Hussein's hanging:
Hanging Saddam is easy. It's a job, for once, that these folks can actually see through to completion. So this execution, ironically and pathetically, becomes a stand-in for the failures, incompetence and general betrayal of country on every other front that President Bush has brought us.
It's nice to read! This is more or less the gospel that I've been spreading through the country when encountering news of Mr. Hussein's death. This is really a wonderful blog.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Thank-you for verbalizing something I have been feeling but unable to articulate. I was seriously disturbed by the hanging and this adds to my understanding of why.

Rionn Fears Malechem said...

I'm a little suspicious of the martyr creation process, but I think that's the main reason to dislike this. It really gives a focus to the pro-Saddam resistance.

But, it really is no accomplishment at all, as much as videotaping Mr. Hussein with lice wasn't.