Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What's Scattergories for, anyway

So, there are many games. And, like little lions, wolves and other predators, we play games to develop our useful skills. The game Scattergories gives you a term, and five ways you may not describe it, your goal being to get your partner to guess what the phrase is.

How does that help you in life? Obviously, it gives you practice at piercing ellipticallity, but as a spam connosieur, I have discovered an application for being good at describing things with indirectly related terms.

TIRED OF STARING AT PLAYBOY TRYING TO GET HARD?

I was just cleaning out my gmail spam filter, and that subject line from some sleazeball selling strychnine over the internet as an erectile dysfunction cure caught my eye. Really, it's clear what he means, but you'd never phrase it that way if you were trying to subvert UCE solutions. I'll be that guy's pretty good at Scattergories.

No comments: