Saturday, March 25, 2006

Man eats Dog

Bush Blasts Democrats on Economic Issues
Now, I just read this headline in Salon. I haven't read the article ... while I spend an inordinate amount of time reading articles, I end up getting most of my news from headlines. Yesterday, the New York Sun had a photo on the front page headlined "Australia sinks North Korean Vessel", and until I read the rest of the caption (target practice on previously impoundedd freighter) I thought we were sliding into World War III. It was a bad few minutes.

But, this is priceless. I know a trick of the Bush Administration is to attack their critics for their own sins. Senator Kerrey served dishonorably, Saddam Hussein doesn't value dissent, environmentalists want to destroy our way of life, and so forth. But, President Bush attacking anyone on 'economic issues?' All right, let's see what he has to say...

The remark drew robust laughter. "I don't know why that's funny," Cheney said.

I guess that sums it up.

No comments: