Friday, March 30, 2007

John Hagelin

I was browsing the Christian Science Monitor today, and I came across this quote.
John Hagelin, a quantum physicist says in [The Secret], "Quantum
mechanics confirms it; Quantum cosmology confirms it: that the universe
essentially emerges from thought and all of this matter around us is just
precipitated thought. Ultimately we are the source of the universe...."

Do you remember John Hagelin? I met him in Seattle in 1992, when he was the Presidential Candidate for the Natural Law Party, which claimed to be doubling in size every week. Wikipedia says "Hagelin is now a professor of Physics and Director of the Institute of Science, Technology and Public Policy at Maharishi University of Management, and Minister of Science and Technology of the Global Country of World Peace."

So ... I'm not saying he's not a quantum physicist. I'm just surprised to see an uncontextualized quote.

No comments: